After a long week at work, just the mere thought of deciding how to unwind can be stressful. Never fear, we have done the work for you and narrowed it down to our top 6 picks for relaxing in Chicago. From innovative ocean-inspired massages to delicious red wine, our list has something for everyone:
1. Sometimes shopping is hectic, but not at Barrington’s Mia Sorella. It’s a salon, spa, and boutique, all under one roof. The founders set out to create the ultimate sanctuary for women and nailed it with a boutique that features personal shoppers, coffee, wine, and a children’s entertainment area. Trust us, it’s worth a trip to the suburbs.
2. Everyone knows that hanging with friends can be the best therapy. Now that the weather is changing, why not invite some over for a fabulous night in. Our friends at The Goddess and Grocer have everything you need to be the perfect hosts. Here you will find amazing wines, artisinal cheeses, delicious ready-made salads and even better, they can help plan an entire meal for you and your friends….now that’s easy entertaining!
3. Sometimes all you need to unwind is a delicious meal and one or two (or three) glasses of wine. The vast selection and easy atmosphere at Volo Restaurant and Winebar was made for relaxing. Their outdoor patio seating is the perfect haven relaxation-seeking urbanites.
4. Ambra Salon and Spa offers a relaxing ocean-inspired lava shell massage. The service features products of the sea: natural shells from the Philippines, heat therapy produced by minerals, dried sea kelp and algae, and skin-softening massage oil with South Pacific extracts.
5. Arch Apothecary is a great treat-yourself break from the chaos of day to day. Relax and lay back as they take care of your eyebrows and lashes. You’ll come away with a fresh look and ready to take on the next part of your day.
6. While you are at it, why not set a good example for Health and Relaxation with your kids? Rock Candy Salon and Spa offers Mommy and Me pedicures for a special way to spend the afternoon with your daughter.